Experience the Best of a Vampire’s Life (without the eternity and blood)
Vampires just don’t die, on literature and folklore they exist for several centuries and today stronger than ever they appear as protagonists in the most sought bestsellers.
But one thing differentiates the current vampires from the vampires in their indefinite and imprecise shape from the folklore of the ancient Mesopotamians, Hebrews, Greeks and Romans: they have become sophisticated, well dressed, elegant and although lethal, they have become extremely charming.
How to have a bit of that charm?
Fact - Vampires are eternal and have been alive for many years (centuries) and therefore they know a lot, but a lot of things. Unlike us, mere mortals, they can devote four years of their eternal life to become chefs, four others to learn art, others to study the history of any ancient civilization, others to learn to play each instrument of a symphony orchestra, and so on.
1. So start devoting time to increase your knowledge. Learn to play at least one musical instrument, learn at least two languages (one of which French if you don’t "parle"), buy several of those self-help books that promise to teach you French culinary in 4 weeks, or to teach you classical guitar in 3 months (believe me, these books help).
Fact - Vampires (those that exist for a long time), lived in the time that the revolutions that have changed today’s society were happening, lived at the time the Beatles were young and were starting to make success, they saw Elvis Presley perform live, they know history by heart.
2. So start studying the past. Go for decades, then for centuries, and later for millennia. Study the habits of each decade, become familiar with the music that played on the radio at the time, there are several radio and television channels that play old music hits, become interested in history and above all read many novels. A Novel from the 1950s is completely enveloped in the 1950s, it's as if we literally travelled in time, the same is valid for a XIX or XIV century novel.
Fact – Vampires, despite their murderous nature, have many times very noble and elegant values such as honor, commitment and can live a great love, an eternal love. Not to mention that they also have great self-esteem derived mainly from the power they possess.
3. So cultivate these values, you will gain them faster if you follow the two previous steps, because literature, culture, art and history are full of it. And then use your knowledge as a power. Knowing is being powerful, self-esteem will come running in your life if you don’t already have it.
Fact - Vampires dress well.
4. After following the above steps, you will become a cultivated person, with a sense of the world, a sense of yourself and you will acquire noble values and self-esteem. That's all it takes to dress well and feel like you are the king of the world.
Fact - Vampires easily Attract women.
5. What woman would not want to date a charming man, who is aware of things, is an honorable knight and knows a lot about a lot. Congratulations, you are almost a vampire, you only lack the teeth and not aging.Final suggestion, when you start to want to be a complete vampire, with eternity and blood, stop trying to be a vampire.
365 Days of Literature - Daily Articles
Like this article:
This article appears in the amazing book Live Better: